Module 10. Attracting funding
The main contents of the module are:
- Microfinancial Institution
- Venture Capital Investment Trust
- Business Angels
- Grants and subsidies,
- Mobilization of resources (Educational, Human Physical)
Overview: This module is essential to have an insight about the different alternatives for searching and obtaining financial resources. In the first place, we are going to see some of the traditional funds by Banks. Then we are going to talk about the new paths to obtain alternative financial support. At the end, we will explore this information in a case method that will allow us to develop our own campaign for funds.
Duration: This module is designed to be completed in approximately 300 minutes (5 hours).
Learning outcomes: By the end of this module, young entrepreneurs will be able to understand the different alternatives for searching and obtaining financial resources. They will be able to evaluate their pros and cons in order to choose the one that best fits with their needs.
Structure of the module: Entrepreneurs should be encouraged to read the information of the module from the Handbook before the lesson except the Ana’s Designer Artefacts case. This means that is envisage that entrepreneurs will have 1.5 to read the material and you will have 1.5 hours to cover theoretically the concepts of the module and 2 hours to implement the case method and their own campaign.
After covering the concepts of the module you will introduce and reflect with them about on Ana’s Designer Artefacts case (Please go back to Module 4 to read more about the case method and crucial aspects page #).
It is up to you but since this module is about attracting funding you can also as an alternative activity work with them about their pitch since a pitch is basically delivering a Business Plan verbally so as to look for funding.
Keep in mind…
A pitch typically takes the form of an entrepreneur or group of entrepreneurs presenting or describing their ideas to prospective investors.
To have a perfect business pitch you need:
- To speak to the audience (do not read).
- It would be a good idea to tell a story while you present your business idea.
- Practice the presentation to speaking fluently and remember verify everything so you get the numbers right.
- Excite the audience and investors by speak in a positive and attractive way.
- Don‘t get lost in details (5 minutes maximum).
- Use graphic material for your presentations with the help of MS Power Point or with the help of other tools such as Prezi.
- Lectures 11
- Quizzes 1
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes